Our onsite direct payment solution allows you to dispense with the painfully tedious process of mailing or cashing checks, calling in a wire, or hounding down the buyer or seller to ascertain a payment’s status.
On GrapeConnect, simply and securely request or initiate a Direct ACH payment and receive automatic status notifications, all at no additional cost*.
*There is absolutely no additional cost to carrying out an ACH payment through GrapeConnect; as a seller, you will only be responsible for the agreed upon GrapeConnect Service Fee based on your respective membership plan. This excludes potential penalty fees that a buyer may incur if they initiate a payment that ends up being rejected for Non Sufficient Funds (NSF).
How to Use the Onsite Direct Payment Solution:
- 1) When ready to request payment from the buyer, navigate to the message-creation widget at the bottom of your Message Thread/Sample Request Manager's screen and click the 'Request Payment' button.
- 2) [Skip to Step 3 if already set up to receive payments] If you have not already done so, you will be prompted to get set up to receive payments with the help of our payments-partner, Stripe. Simply follow the curated on-boarding process; you will be redirected back to your payment request once finished (reference the following help article if you'd like to see the entire onboarding process: How Do I Get Set Up to Receive ACH Payments from Buyers? )
- 3) Once set up to receive payments, you'll then be presented a dialogue in which you are asked to specify the dollar amount you wish to request from the buyer, as well as a field for pertinent payment reference (insert invoice #, brief deal description, whatever works best for your and the buyer's record-keeping). Be sure to recognize and agree to the language regarding our Service Fee and respective Terms, then click 'Request Payment'
- 4) You're all set! You'll see that an automated message was generated with a respective link for the buyer to make payment; the buyer was also sent an email notification of the payment request.
- 5) Note: once the buyer initiates payment, it will take roughly 5-9 business days for the funds to be available in your bank account, depending on the speed of your and the buyer's respective banking providers.
- 1) Upon receipt of the request for payment from the seller, click the 'Pay Now' link within the automated-message's body to proceed.
- 2) [Skip to Step 3 if you have already linked the desired bank account] If you have not already done so, you will be prompted to get set up to initiate payments which requires authentication of your bank account via Plaid so that our payments-partner, Stripe, may facilitate the ACH transaction between you and the seller (reference the following help article if you'd like to see the entire onboarding process:How Do I Get Set Up to Initiate ACH Payments to Sellers? ). Note: you may also initiate the setup process from the 'Payments' Dashboard tab.
- 3) Once you've successfully authenticated your bank account, you're ready to begin initiating payment. You'll be presented a dialogue summarizing the key elements of the ACH transaction, please review carefully and supply/correct any required information in the form and be sure to recognize and agree to all terms. Once ready, click the 'Initiate Payment Now' button.
- 4) You're all set! You'll see that an automated message was generated; the seller was also sent an email notification informing them of the payment.
- 5) Note: you should expect to see the charge reflected on your account's statement within 1-2 business days.